Lemon Balm has been used for centuries for mental illnesses such as Hallucinations, auditory disturbances, and other mental illnesses. I tried Lemon Balm as a means to stop MalAdaptive Daydreaming. For 3 weeks it stopped 90%. The other 10% came and went in small surges.
This was my experience with it.
1. I was able to focus better without the interference of MD
2. I felt more in control of my time
3. I was able to think clearly.
Different people have different effects, the bad side effects for me were.
1. I felt like I had lost a best freind. Lonely
2. It was like they were out of town. I couldn’t get used to the silence.
3. I felt a part of, me, was missing. I’d had this my whole life and now it was gone.
4. I felt unwoven. Like a withdrawal.
I took it for 4 days and the effect lasted for 3 weeks. Nearing the end of the second week it came back gradually. The end of the 3rd week it was back full force. I seemed to me stronger than it was before. Everybody has a different experience. You won’t know how it will effect you until you try it. I tried at my own risk and wanted to share with you what happened with that risk.
Lemon Balm seems to work for reducing or taking away MD.